Sunday 21 April 2024

Update on Evidence Explained availability in the UK

After my recent review of Elizabeth Shown Mills' new fourth edition of Evidence Explained (see http://scottishgenes.blogspot.com/2024/04/evidence-explained-4th-edition-by.html), I was contacted by Murray Archer from Glasgow of West of Scotland FHS to say that he had been unable to obtain a print copy of the book from Amazon, or from Genealogical Publishing Company's overseas printing partners, who apparently don't cover the UK. 

I've been in touch with Elizabeth, who tells me that she was informed it was due to go onto the UK Amazon site at the start of April, and she is now currently chasing up her publisher about this. I know from my own experience that when my books are published in the UK, it is usually a few months before it then appears on overseas Amazon domains, so I suspect this is just the same thing happening in reverse. 

Hang in there, therefore, it shouldn't be too long before it become available, but if you can't wait, the e-version is certainly available for now (see previous blog post above)!   

(With thanks to Murray and Elizabeth)

Chris

Order Tracing Your Belfast Ancestors in the UK at https://bit.ly/BelfastAncestors. Also available - Tracing Your Irish Ancestors Through Land Records, Sharing Your Family History Online, Tracing Your Scottish Family History on the Internet, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet (2nd ed), and Tracing Your Scottish Ancestry Through Church and State Records - to purchase, please visit https://bit.ly/ChrisPatonPSbooks. For purchase in tthe USA visit https://www.penandswordbooks.com. Further news published daily on The Scottish GENES Facebook page, on Threads at @scottishgenesblog and via Mastodon at https://mastodon.scot/@ScottishGENES.

2 comments:

  1. Not available in Canada, either, Chris. So near, yet so far!! My elder son who lives a few hours away in Seattle bought it for me, and I'm visiting in a few weeks, so can pick it up then. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been in contact with the publisher myself about the fact they won't either ship it to Canada or make it available in our national book chain, Indigo. Barry said he will see about getting it into Indigo.

    It's not even at Amazon Canada yet (though I boycott Amazon, so useless for me even if it was.) I want the library where I work to be able to buy a copy for our collection (I'm in charge of that area for obvious reasons), but as it stands now, we can't. We only have the 3rd edition because when it was released, the husband of our then Director was in the US for a few months - we had the book shipped to him and he brought it back to Canada.

    ReplyDelete