Thursday 7 February 2008

Fred's dead baby. Fred's dead...

When I was a kid, I wrote a song with a friend of mine called "My Dog was Dead". It was never destined to win awards, or for that matter, the respect of my peers, but it did have a great catchy wee tune. The chorus went like this:

My dog was dead
My dog was dead
Goodbye Fred,
Cos Fred was dead.

It then went on for about twenty versus, in classic country and western style, cataloguing in terrible detail the poor end met by this mythical dog, and it is probably because of this one effort that I never became a songwriter.

However, somebody else who has seen the potential of a 'dead Fred' is the creator of the website, www.DeadFred.com. The idea of Dead Fred was to create a site for posting and locating identified and unidentified photos. Right now the site lists 14,521 surnames, with 75,245 photos, and 1,212 photo reunions.

If nothing else, it's a fun site to browse, so well worth a look!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment