Tuesday 19 May 2009

Lectures at Society of Genealogists

On Wednesday May 27th 2009, I will be giving a couple of one hour talks at the Society of Genelaogists in London on two very different subjects.

At 11.00 am I will be giving a talk entitled My Ancestor was a Weaver. I will be discussing the role of handloom weavers, using the weavers of Perth as the main conduit, and amongst the sources considered will be guild records, censuses, military records, land records and much more.

At 2.00 pm I will then be giving a talk entitled British Civilian POWs at Ruhleben, which will focus on the 5500 British men interned in Germany during the First World War, many of them merchant seamen caught up in Hamburg upon the outbreak of hostilities.

Both talks cost £5 to attend (£4 for SoG members). To book a ticket, and for more information, please visit www.sog.org.uk/events/calendar.shtml. The venue is Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road London EC1M 7BA.

I'll hopefully see ye there!

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Scotland's Greatest Story
Professional family history research & genealogical problem solving

No comments:

Post a Comment