Monday 22 February 2010

Thank You America! SGNE is one of the Top Forty Blogs...

Readers of the American based Family Tree Magazine have voted for Scottish Genealogy News and Events as one of the top forty genealogy blogs currently around. The blog was nominated within the Heritage section which aimed to 'identify the best blogs to get research advice for particular national or ethnic backgrounds from those who’ve been there, done that'.

In the article in this May's edition of the magazine, the author writes:

Chris Paton’s focus may be Scottish genealogy, but his frequent updates on research news have broad application. “I think this is the best British genealogy blog I’ve found,” a voter said. “The articles have a Scottish bias, but it also covers important information from the whole of the British Isles. It’s updated regularly with well-written articles that have relevance to genealogists worldwide.”

As for having been there and done that - I like to think of myself as still in training! :) But a HUGE thank you to all readers who nominated my humble wee effort here, and I hope you stick with the blog in the months and years to come. Congratulations also to the other winners, but also to all the blogs nominated!

And to any new readers - I am always happy to promote any news or events to do with Scottish genealogy, just drop me a line at enquiry@scotlandsgreateststory.co.uk. If you live in the great Scottish diaspora around the world, I'd love to hear about meetings in your vicinity, products releases, anything that you might wish to share with fellow Scots and to those of Scots descent around the world.


We're all Jock Tamson's bairns...! :)

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Scotland's Greatest Story
www.twitter.com/chrismpaton

13 comments:

  1. As a fellow recipient and person of Scottish descent, I am excited to add you to the blogs I now read!

    Midge Frazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you Miriam, and to everyone on the list! :)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Chris.....well done!!

    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a happy time! PS. I have Scottish ancestry too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many of us are equally blessed on that front! Congratulations to yourself also!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Chris, on being named one of the 2010 Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats from across the Atlantic from one with Irish heritage - me (residing at Small-leaved Shamrock). We're cousins way, way back there somewhere, Chris, I'm sure. :)

    Congratulations on being honored by the magazine for your interesting and prolific blog.

    Lisa
    100 Years in America
    Small-leaved Shamrock
    A light that shines again
    Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and your blog for being deemed worthy of this honor . . . it is much deserved . . . so far, I have to go back several centuries before I find a Scottish connection, but I do enjoy visiting here . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Chris! Have a great time in London at WDYTYA. Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete