Monday 1 March 2010

Researching Scottish Family History now on sale

My new book, Researching Scottish Family History, is now on sale, having been launched at Who Do You Think You Are? Live. I'm gratified to say that the first batch of books distributed to various vendors at the event had sold out early on Saturday morning, and so had to be restocked - so I'm hoping that means I did something right!

The Family History Partnership, which sells the book, will be updating their site in the next few days to provide details on what the book contains, but you can also find out more from the link at the top of this blog page, entitled
New Book: Researching Scottish Family History.

The book can be purchased from Amazon.co.uk at the following link: www.amazon.co.uk/Researching-Scottish-Family-History-Christopher/dp/1906280223/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267441916&sr=8-1. It costs just £7.95 and can be delivered for free via the service's Super Saver postage option. Here's the description:

Paperback: 120 pages
Publisher: The Family History Partnership (26 Feb 2010)
ISBN-10: 1906280223
ISBN-13: 978-1906280222
Product Dimensions: 21 x 14.8 x 0.8 cm

Alternatively, the ScotlandsPeople Centre will be making it available for sale at its shop in the next few days, and many thanks indeed to Dee and Iain at the centre for facilitating that.

The publishers are happy enough with it to have asked me to consider producing a second book on another related subject, but more of that in due course! In the meantime, I'm currently working on my second book, for Pen and Sword, concerning internet resources in family history. There is absolutely no rest for the wicked...

I hope you enjoy Researching Scottish Family History, and hope that it helps with your research!


Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Scotland's Greatest Story
www.twitter.com/chrismpaton

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I would like to buy a copy of your new book, you mentioned Amazon, but the UK site adds on so much delivery and postage fees, it.s more than the cost of your book at 7.95 pounds...
    Is there another way I can buy this book?
    Thanks
    Cathie Christie
    Arroyo Grande, California

    P.S. I once wrote to you since my mother.s maiden is Paton, and her Dad was from Largs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathie,

    The Family History Partnership website will soon be providing details at www.familyhistorypartnership.com on how to purchase directly from them - for overseas they usually add about £2-£3 p&p. I believe that other suppliers such as Parish Chest (www.parishchest.com) will be carrying it also. The book was literally published on Thursday last week, so barely made it to WDYTYA, so it may be a week or so before it becomes more easily accessible! I know Amazon.co.uk offers free p&p via Super Saver, though I don't know if the Canadian version does also.

    Incidentally, FYI I have quoted a sasine record from Largs in the book involving the Paton family, though the local family from here is unconnected to mine, which is from Perthshire! I have researched one of the branches here, and the client has actually placed my research report online at www.patonbutchersayrshire.co.uk/history.pdf - you may well be connected!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete