Thursday 1 April 2010

Shock at "stolen ancestors" scam

There's dismay being reported at The Ancestry Insider blog today, as people are falling foul to a new scam in the US entitled Ancestor Skimming.

For more visit Scam Targets Genealogists - there are details on various software fixes, and the last line in particular is an important read for all those worried about this new phenomenon....

(With thanks to Sheena Tait!)

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Professional genealogical problem solving and research
http://twitter.com/ChrisMPaton
Researching Scottish Family History (New book)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you "got it"! I'm not sure everyone did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just goes to prove that it is definitely worth reading ALL of a press release...! :) lol

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. earlier today I hadn't read the entire thing, I wasn't sure what too think, but glad I just did. :)

    ReplyDelete