Sunday 11 September 2011

9/11 remembered

I was at the National Family History Fair yesterday, and had the pleasure to introduce talks by William Rouslton, Nick Barratt and Laurence Harris. One of the points Nick raised in his talk was that of not forgetting to record your own lives when researching our family histories, a point I could not agree more with.

For over 11 years I have been keeping a diary to pass on to my kids in the future. On today, the tenth anniversary of 9/11, I've reproduced my diary entry for September 11th 2001, when I learned of the attacks. I was travelling back from Sardinia when I heard the news at Rome Airport. The entry is available on my Walking in Eternity blog at http://walkingineternity.blogspot.com/2011/09/911-remembered.html

Remembering all 2,977 killed by the hijackers, including 67 Britons, and the 411 emergency workers who died heroically in the United States of America.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment