Sunday 9 August 2020

Thanks to all who attended Celtic Connections chat session!

A big thanks to all who tuned in yesterday for the Q&A session with myself and US based genie Paul Milner, as part of the Celtic Connections virtual conference, currently available online until the end of September. We had an enjoyable hour answering a range of questions on Irish and Scottish subjects - pictured below is myself from my humble abode in Irvine, Ayrshire, a few minutes before we got under way!


A big thanks also to Gigi Hickey and Mary Wickersham behind the scenes, and to Thomas MacEntee and Dave Miller for hosting the proceedings and keeping things moving along!
 
The conference is still cracking on, with plenty more chat sessions to be held in the next few weeks with other speakers, and many presentations available for watching at your convenience - full details are available at www.celtic-connections.org. I've already watched some of my fellow presenters' presentations, and there is some excellent stuff there for Irish and Scottish research!


Enjoy!

Chris

My next 5 week Scottish Research Online course starts August 31st - see https://www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=102. My book Tracing Your Scottish Family History on the Internet, at http://bit.ly/ChrisPaton-Scottish2 is now out, also available are Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet (2nd ed) at http://bit.ly/ChrisPaton-Irish1 and Tracing Your Scottish Ancestry Through Church and State Records at http://bit.ly/ChrisPaton-Scotland1. Further news published daily on The Scottish GENES Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, the "live chat" was wonderful as are your presentations. It took me hours to go through your "Scottish Resources Before 1800" since I was taking so many notes and kept stopping the video. I thought your tour of PRONI was great and felt like I was there. Very helpful if I ever have the opportunity to go.

    This conference is the best I have attended and I think the live chat adds a wonderful opportunity to ask questions. You and Paul Milner made me laugh. Thank you for sharing so much information.

    It's not too late to register since the recordings are available through the end of Sept. The handouts are exceptional.

    ReplyDelete