Aberdeen and North-East Scotland Family History Society (www.anesfhs.org.uk) has also announced details of the 2023 Scottish Association of Family History Societies conference, to be held in April:
- Prof Marjory Harper (University of Aberdeen) – Emigration, emigrants and returners
- Dr Jackson Armstrong (University of Aberdeen) – Digitising Aberdeen’s medieval city records
- Dr Tom McKean (University of Aberdeen) – Family history interfacing with recorded history
- Nicholas Le Bigre (University of Aberdeen) – New family traditions in the north east
- Alasdair Macdonald (University of Strathclyde) - Using DNA in Family History Research
- Ken Nisbet - (SAFHS/Scottish Genealogical Society) – War Brides
- Alison Spring - Sailing to Philadelphia; or, Where Did My Scots Ancestors Go?
- A conference website is currently under construction and will launch shortly.
For more on SAFHS, visit www.safhs.org.uk
(With thanks to ANESFHS via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/anesfhs)
My new book Tracing Your Irish Ancestors Through Land Records is now available to buy at https://bit.ly/IrishLandRecords. Also available - Sharing Your Family History Online, Tracing Your Scottish Family History on the Internet, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet (2nd ed), and Tracing Your Scottish Ancestry Through Church and State Records - to purchase, please visit https://bit.ly/ChrisPatonPSbooks. Further news published daily on The Scottish GENES Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.