Friday 6 May 2011

FindmyPast Ireland - full records list

In my first post on the new FindmyPast Ireland site I mentioned that I could not see an immediate list of records held on the site - these can in fact be found at www.findmypast.ie/content/using-the-records. You'll find that from the home page under the Help and Advice tab, then Using the Records. Each collection has a useful dedicated page detailing the source.

I'm more impressed with the site now I've finally been able to get a handle on what is actually there, with other holdings of interest including the Tipperary Clans archive (newspaper intimations from across Ireland, though mainly from Munster) and a larger list of directories than I at first thought was there. The list of holdings could certainly do with being much better flagged up from the home page.

Keep an eye out for a full review in a forthcoming issue of Family History Monthly!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment