Thursday 9 September 2010

Chris Paton's Australian tour...!

I don't think I've put myself in a headline before! :)

It has been an unbelievably busy and exciting week here in the north of Ayrshire. Not only have I now finished the proofreading for my next book, Tracing Your Family History on the Internet (Pen and Sword, March 2011), I have also had a new book commissioned on the story of Britain's longest unsolved murder case (one of my ancestors was the victim), which I am very much looking forward to getting stuck into writing! Most importantly, on the domestic front, after a disappointing visit to Glasgow to let my boys see Doctor Who star Karen Gillan, where we were turned away (they ran out of wristbands), I've managed to secure signed autographs of the actress for both of my boys from a very sympathetic BBC...!

Then of course, there's the incey wincey wee matter of a decision to visit the other side of the world!!! I announced last week that thanks to Gould Genealogy and Unlock the Past, I am now going to be attending the Sydney History and Genealogy Expo in Australia towards the end of October, an event I am very much looking forward to, and at which I will be giving a series of Scottish based talks. The exciting news now is that I won't be confining myself just to Sydney! I will also be giving talks at the following venues and dates:

Perth
Monday 18th October, Perth Function Centre, Lathlain (6pm-10pm)

Melbourne
Wednesday 20th October, Veneto Club, Belleen (6pm-10pm)

Sydney
Friday 22nd - Saturday 23rd October, History and Genealogy Expo, Parramatta RSL

Brisbane
Monday 25th October, Broncos Leagues Club, Red Hill (6pm-10pm)

I'll give further information on the talks in due course, but a page has now been set up with further details and for taking bookings at www.unlockthepast.com.au/events/chris-paton-australia-scottish-roadshow.

More news soon!

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Professional genealogical problem solving and research
http://twitter.com/ChrisMPaton

2 comments:

  1. That's a hectic schedule - you'll see lots of airports! - Booking for your Sydney talks today

    ReplyDelete