Wednesday 3 August 2011

"Researching Scottish Family History" on Amazon

My book Researching Scottish Family History, published in Feb 2010, has been available to buy on Amazon since it launched. Unfortunately, for reasons best known to the publisher it had a big sign saying Temporarily Out of Stock on the page, although those with eagle eyes would note that beneath it was the words "3 new". However, I know from the many emails that I received that a lot of people were put off by that, thinking it was unavailable.

I've just had a look on the Amazon site, and that out of stock notice has finally gone. And if you order from Amazon through its Super Saver Delivery, postage is FREE. The direct link is at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Researching-Scottish-Family-History-Christopher/dp/1906280223/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_3

The book was published almost a year and a half ago, so inevitably things have moved on a wee bit! The key developments since publication are the release of the 1911 census (original schedules have not survived, despite advice I was given from GRO before the book's publication) , the Strathclyde Genealogy Centre has moved to the Mitchell Library (contact details remains the same though!), and the National Archives of Scotland is now the National Records of Scotland (and its West Register House has sadly closed). Beyond that, it's still a great and inexpensive read - my own copy is well worn, as I have it on my desk at all times (I wouldn't write a book I wouldn't use myself! lol)

Oh, and it remains the cheapest Scottish family history book on the market - the whole remit of the Family History Partnership!

Enjoy!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment