Tuesday 15 November 2022

Moving home

Having spent 20 years in North Ayrshire, I am moving house on Thursday to Stewarton, after three years here in Irvine; the missives were concluded today. I've loved every minute of my time in Irvine, it's a great wee town with a lot of heart, and some wonderful people. Stewarton is in East Ayrshire, so we'll still be in the same county, albeit under a different local authority - but we will miss Balcony Farm...!

 

I'm looking forward to getting to know the east of the county better - but Irvine is only ten minutes down the road, so we'll be back often!

* I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry earlier. I popped into the library in Irvine and noted that they have a 'Travel, Genealogy and Egypt' section - which holds no genealogy books. I offered to donate some, but was told they do not accept donations any more, following the recent closure of other libraries in the area (they are absorbing their stock). 

I have suggested that in the meantime they perhaps rename it the 'Travel and Egypt section'...!

Chris

My new book Tracing Your Irish Ancestors Through Land Records is now available to buy at https://bit.ly/IrishLandRecords. Also available - Sharing Your Family History Online, Tracing Your Scottish Family History on the Internet, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet (2nd ed), and Tracing Your Scottish Ancestry Through Church and State Records - to purchase, please visit https://bit.ly/ChrisPatonPSbooks. Further news published daily on The Scottish GENES Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment