Tuesday 6 October 2009

Best genealogy blog ever in the history of blogdom?

I'd like to thank my mum and my dad for their moment of weakness that led to me, my official biographer (err...me!), my wife, my boys, my wee dog Misty who sadly passed away many years ago and so can't be with us tonight... etc!

Actually, I haven't won anything, apart from gaining a season ticket to Kelburn Castle Country Park in a recent raffle at Fairlie Gala Day, but the SGNE blog has apparently been nominated as one of the 40 best genealogy blogs by the American based Family Tree Magazine.

There's a big vote on at
www.familytreemagazine.com/article/40BestVoting, and if you'd like to vote for this blog, I'll not stop ye! It's in the heritage section and not in the news blog section, but I'll not split hairs - this could well be a blog with pedigree written all over it! lol : )

(With thanks to Kirsty via
http://twitter.com/GenealogyGirl and to Family Tree Magazine)

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Professional genealogical problem solving and research
http://twitter.com/ChrisMPaton

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your nomination! Your blog provides great and vital info for genealogy folk especially those doing research on their Scottish lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thomas, glad to hear it's of some use!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris:

    Although not related to you in any way, I must admit I nominated you. Congratulations! (Who thought they'd listen to me.)

    I am doing research into my ancestors who came to America from Scotland by way of County Tyrone.

    I read and enjoy your blog and love Discovering My Past Scotland.

    Good Luck in making the cut.

    -fM

    ReplyDelete