Friday 2 October 2009

SGNE e-mail subscription

I've been at this blogging lark for almost two years now, but don't tell me that I can't catch on quick! For a while I've been offering the option of subscribing to this news service through an RSS feed. To be honest, I still haven't got much of a scoobies as to what that is all about, but have managed to bluff my way for a while by coming over all authoritative like when people ask me about it. However, one thing I do understand is subscribing by e-mail - so there's now an option on the right hand side to do, courtesy of Google Feeburner.

If you type your e-mail address into the box and click subscribe, you'll then be asked to type in a verification code - basically copy a word or letters presented to you, and the system will realise that you are not a Cylon. Once done, you'll then receive an e-mail asking you to click on a link, and lo and behold, the subscription is activated! All the latest SGNE posts can then be delivered by e-mail for your genealogical pleasure.

Right, I've heard from a guy in Greenock who invented the wheel last week that someone down the road in West Kilbride has apparently just discovered something called 'fire'. More news as I get it! :)

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Professional genealogical problem solving and research
http://twitter.com/ChrisMPaton

2 comments:

  1. Chris,I subscribed a wee while ago,it's great being able tae switch on the 'puter each morning and I've got all the latest Genealogical news on my browser !! Superb !!

    ReplyDelete