Friday 30 October 2009

New Scottish genealogy book

If you are looking for a genealogical stocking filler for Christmas, a new book to be released in a couple of weeks time could be just the ticket.

Discover Your Scottish Ancestry: Internet and Traditional Resources is a second revised updated edition of a popular book by Graham Holton and Jack Winch, published by Edinburgh University Press. Whilst I don't know Jack, Graham was one of my tutors during the postgraduate diploma in genealogical studies that I studied at the University of Strathclyde, and he's a man who certainly taught me a thing or two.

I'll be going on a much larger voyage of discovery with Discover Your Scottish Ancestry in a forthcoming review for Discover my Past Scotland magazine! In the meantime, priced at £14.99, the book is to be released towards the end of November. From what I've seen so far, it's a definite worthy addition to your bookshelf, with a fairly hefty and useful bibliography included as well as many useful web addresses.

(With thanks to Graham and to Edinburgh University Press)

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Professional genealogical problem solving and research
http://twitter.com/ChrisMPaton

No comments:

Post a Comment