Monday 12 July 2010

Americans wanted on Isle of Skye!

I just had a phone call from a well known BBC One programme made from London. "Oh hello, I'm making this aquatic programme with my three comedian presenters, and we're coming to Scotland. I'm just wondering, do you know of any Americans living on the Isle of Skye who might be researching their ancestry?"

Now pardon my cynicism here, I don't for one minute want to suggest that the script has already been written...! I had to gently bite my lip, and politely say "I'm very sorry, but I'm not currently aware of any Americans living on the Isle of Skye currently researching their ancestry"!!!

It's only after I hung up that I twigged that I had heard this rumour about a guy called Donald running around looking for a pair of cacs. I think he was local lad though?!! :)

Honestly...

Chris

www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
Professional genealogical problem solving and research
http://twitter.com/ChrisMPaton
Researching Scottish Family History (New book)




No comments:

Post a Comment